gEDA-user: How to have two installations of PCB at once

John Griessen wrote:
I have two different pcb programs installed now.

I used
 .configure --prefix=/opt/pcbhead  --enable-maintainer-mode
make
make install

for one,
and PATH leads to both /opt/pcb/bin:/opt/pcbhead/bin

The other installed PCB was made with ./configure --prefix=/opt/pcb --disable-doc --with-gui=lesstif make make install

Since the pcb executable is a script containing hard-coded paths to executable parts of PCB, I renamed /opt/pcbhead/bin/pcb to /opt/pcbhead/bin/pcbhead
and now I can excute pcb or pcbhead from any dir on my workstation.

John G