Re: gEDA-user: (no subject)

On Dec 1, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Ethan Swint wrote:

>>> To quote from the headers present in EVERY SINGLE LIST MESSAGE:

>>> Furthermore, why would you think sending to the list membership at
>>> large (as opposed to, say, the standard -request address) would
>>> help?
>>>

>>    I blame Microsoft. ;)
>>
> The header isn't displayed by default in many email clients.  To view
> the header in Thunderbird, press Control-U.  Even then, that string
> isn't the most obvious.

   To anyone who knows anything about email, it's quite obvious.  And
anyone who doesn't know at least that much about email has absolutely
no business USING email.

   But regardless, the subscription control URL is also present at
the bottom of every message passed through the list.

   Self-sufficiency has quite obviously gone out of style.  Stop the
world, I want to get off.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire