Re: gEDA-user: pcb: parameter escaping for commands

John Griessen wrote:
> Sascha Silbe wrote:
>
>>> To turn *on* the display, press the 'd' key over the element you're
>>> interested in. [...]
>>> Shift-D over an element does work, though.
>> OK, the confusion was that PCB doesn't act on the _selected_ item(s),
>> but on the one under the pointer. That's inconsistent with any
>> application I've used so far. It also makes having those commands in the
>> menu not only useless, but severly misleading.
>
> I agree.  I'd like to see default keybindings use selected set more often.
>
> John Grioessen

It wouldn't bother me to see that changed too.  It took me a long time
to realize what was going on...  Despite it violating the principle of
least surprise (why did everything change?), I think I'd be in favor of
changing this.  I *think* it would just be a pcb-menu.res/gpcb-menu.res
change.

-Dan