Re: gEDA-user: oval holes?

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Place the pin/via and then draw a fat line extending a short
>> distance either side.
>
> That changes the copper, not the hole.

Yeah, all I can think of is to create an outline layer, where it is
defining cutting tool path edges, and include line segments of that
overlapping a via with fat line extending a short distance either side.

That info would not be grouped, wouldn't move around the design easily,
and would not be DRC'd.  So it's something to consider for handling
somehow by the pcb data format.

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1