Re: gEDA-user: Is gnetman available for download anywhere?

I am publishing this with a fair amount of trepidation, as I am going to
be off net starting in a couple of hours for the next week and a half.
And will not be available to support any issues.

The only reason to use my custom netlister is if you want hierarchical
buses. Please review the documentation in mra_netlist_new/doc/Netlist
Users Guide V1.odt (open office)

I have moved a copy of my custom netlister and the required library onto
my web server.

My fear is that without the latest documentation which isn't available
until after I get back home it is going to be challenging to use.

however, you will need

http://www.alchemyresearch.com/libakeda_20081125.zip
http://www.alchemyresearch.com/mra_netlist_new_20081125.zip

build and install these

for me the installation ends up in

/usr/local/share/akeda

You will probably have to copy your symbols
into /usr/local/share/AKEDA/sym

to run the netlister

> mra_netlist -g PCB -l akeda-flat-netlist -o file.net  top.sch

one bug I have is that it currently supports only one top level
schematic. So to build multi-page schematics I start with a top level
schematic and use hierarchical symbols in it (flat ones can be used as
well)

Short explanation.

the netlister reads in the schematic pages and symbols and builds up the
data structure. But makes no attempt to do anything with it unless a
second script is run.

The second script is the akeda-flat-netlist.scm which does the work of
flattening the schematics and symbols into a single potentially massive
undrawable page.

Then the output script is run

This currently supports PCB and PADS netlists

-g PCB
-g pads

If you try this out before the end of the first week of january... well
you have my best wishes.

Steve Meier