Re: gEDA-user: Question on PCB auto-router

Bill Gatliff wrote:

> Anyone else having similar experiences?  As good as pcb is, I can't
> imagine that my feedback is typical but I haven't found a solution or
> improvement yet.

I've dabbled with the autorouter and it's like you say.  It needs lots of guiding.

   I know that the concept of auto-routing isn't easy
> to implement, but it seems like pcb could do better.

There is a fine one in the works.  Anthony Blake will probably chime in soon.

meanwhile, drool over this:     http://www.wand.net.nz/~amb33/toporouter/

and if really curious after that, build the code and test it out.

There's no README file yet.  You download the .tar.gz file to the pcb source tree dir.
Then you unpack it and cd to the directory named tar. You need development portions
of gtk+ packages installed ( -dev packages in debian for instance).  I used gcc-4.2 and cpp-4.2
to compile gd and pcb and toporouter plugin.  If you have pcb installed already you can put the
toporouter.so file in ~/.pcb/plugins/toporouter.so

JG

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX