Re: gEDA-user: pcb anti-environment coating?

Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2008, at 12:28 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> What's a good thing to coat my built boards with, to protect them from
>> the environment?  I've got a temperature/humidity sensor outdoors on a
>> small pcb, but I just got done cleaning some corrosion off it.  Epoxy?
>> Spray paint?
>
>    You need conformal coating.  My personal favorite is Techspray
> Fine-L-Kote SR, available from Mouser as p/n 577-2102-12S, $23 for a
> 12oz can.  Boards coated with this can be reworked, and a little goes
> a long way.

Clicking around on Mouser's site (which I love, and spend far too much
time on), I came across this document that provides a nice overview of
which coatings do what:

http://www.mgchemicals.com/downloads/appguide/appguide0405.pdf?PHPSESSID=ae0c7ce0bf527e5ec7fbb8c12387c4d3

b.g.
--