Re: gEDA-user: geda build error on Mac OS

Craig Niederberger <craignied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So if you could get disabling language support in
> configuration to work, that would probably help others.

I second that request!  Whenever I have to build any GNU software that
uses those darned configure scripts, I always specify --disable-nls for
ideological reasons: NLS/i18n is one of the most evil and heinous things
invented in all of computing.  English is the international language of
Computer Science, and every computer user should be required to think in
English only whenever one is operating Computing Machinery of any kind.

And I'm saying this as a non-American (from the opposite side of the
Berlin wall in fact) whose native language isn't English!  And yes, I
maintained exactly the same attitude when I lived in my home country: I
used to go around saying that my native language and computers should
not mix.

Of course that goes hand-in-hand with my general attitude that computers
should not be for mere mortals in the first place.  I so wish that it
was illegal for anyone to even *touch* a computer or any device
containing a processor of any kind unless that person is capable of
booting it up by entering the very first machine instructions from a
blinkenlights-and-toggleswitches console...

If computers were restricted to the select few, there would be absolutely
no problem with requiring their users to learn English as part of
learning Computer Science and to think in English when operating those
marvelous magical devices that are beyond the reach of mere mortals.

MS