Re: gEDA-user: Is there some kind of gerber to pcb tool?

  I can't say that there isn't a converter from gerber to pcb, but I
understand that gerber files simply tell the CAM system where to
deposit copper, drill holes, etc - that means that quite a bit of
information that the layout tool (PCB) uses would be lost, even if you
could convert the data back from gerber to pcb.

  You could get your layout back from the gerbers quite quickly (as
suggested by timecop) by creating an image export for each layer to
PNG (gerbv:File->Export->PNG), then do the layout again, using the
silk to line up components, then save the file and restart PCB with
the next layer as the background and repeat for each layer.  DJ shows
us how to use backgrounds in pcbhere:
http://www.delorie.com/pcb/bg-image.html

  If it took you two weeks to do the design, its probably worth a
morning to get it back.  This method means that you can still have
meaningful symbols in PCB.  Which would be better than a gerber->pcb
that just had everything as arcs/lines/holes.

  The least helpful piece of advice I can give you, but feel compelled
to;  is to backup your designs regularly ...   Never much help after
the fact of course, so I apologise for that!

--
     Andrew Whyte MEng CEng