Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

I don't know. I've been told it is the Eudora email program that I still use. But it only happens with a few emails, always from one of two mailing lists. Someone in this list once tried to get to the bottom of it and found there were some things he could do to prevent it, but he doesn't always do whatever it was and I still get some of his without line breaks. I don't recall if I've seen yours that way before or not.

I would switch to T'bird, but I'm just very leery of changing *anything* to do with email because I am so dependent on not just getting the mail, but retrieving old messages and even using it as a reminder and many other things. I've just got a lot invested in how I work with Eudora to try to switch until I have an extended downtime. As a first step, I am using T'bird as my calendar program, replacing the old Palm desktop. The last time I upgraded the Palm desktop lost all color, so it was time for it to go. :^(

Rick

At 04:06 PM 12/2/2010, you wrote:
On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 15:46 -0500, Rick Collins wrote:
> Was it just me that got a copy with no paragraph
> breaks?  Looking at the ascii art I assume it was
> sent with line breaks somewhere.
>
> Rick

I got it back with line-breaks!

I've just re-installed, so it is possible some setting is off in my mail
client though. It is auto-wrapping paragraphs here, but the ascii art
did indeed have newlines.

Looks like something (your mail reader?) has decided it knows better
about the line-breaking and re-flowed the text?

Are you on Windows / Linux / ...? Could it be a line-ending issue?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,