Re: gEDA-user: My branches (some renames)

First heads-up, some MORE renames!

local_customisation_no_pours   ->    pcb+gl_experimental             <--- SPLIT: Just the graphics stuff
                               ->    local_customisation_pcb+gl      <--- SPLIT: Just my "local" stuff

local_customisation            ->    local_customisation_pours

Now onto your questions:

On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 16:25 +0100, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > Stack order is as follows:
> >
> > For PCB without pours:
> >
> >         local_customisation_no_pours     <-- This is fastest, most shiny, but contains some local stuff like mouse binding changes too.
>
> How do I switch between these branches other than recloning and "git checkout
> -t local_customisation_no_pours" ?

"git fetch" will retrieve new data from the remote repository.

If you just want to build (and not make new commits), you can just
checkout the remote branch as follows:

git checkout origin/BRANCH_NAME

If you want to make changes, you need to make a branch to store them in:

git checkout origin/BRANCH_NAME -b LOCAL_BRANCH_NAME

You would have to delete those local branches before you could update
them again as above.

Once you have a local branch (ideally with no changes!), you can keep
resetting it to point at the new content:

git checkout origin/BRANCH_NAME -b LOCAL_BRANCH_NAME <----- original branch creation
then
git fetch
git reset --hard origin/BRANCH_NAME

If you have created multiple local branches (to track various remote
branches), you can switch between them with:

git checkout LOCAL_BRANCH_NAME1
git checkout LOCAL_BRANCH_NAME2
etc..

> BTW, If I do "git checkout -t local_customisation_no_pours", the resulting pcb
> binary shows some weird offset between polygon planes. (see attachment)

Meh.. my 2D mode isn't particularly 2D, is it.. I'm still applying depth
to the layers, and since I started rendering with perspective, that
produces a size discrepancy between layers depending on their depth.

I will fix it - either by collapsing everything back to the same z
coordinate, or by setting up an orthographic projection in 2D view (as I
did previously).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,