Re: gEDA-user: gEDA-dev: Dev list [was: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB]

> Perhaps the time has come to reconsider the role of and access to
> the gEDA-dev list?  How can we ensure that it doesn't collapse into
> an unproductive bikeshedfest again?

I would be amenable to defining the geda-dev list as "those who have
commit access somewhere" (pcb, geda, icarus, etc) and start being more
open to new developers.  GCC has various levels of "maintainers" that
perhaps we could emulate?  There are four levels (or were):

1. Global maintainers, who can do anything anywhere.  ATM they're
   listed as "global reviewers" who can approve anything but their own
   patches, but we're not that big yet.

2. Area maintainers, who can do anything in their area.

3. Area reviewers, who can approve other people's patches in their
   areas but not their own.

4. "Write after approval" - can commit if one of the above OKs it,
   can't approve anything for anyone else.

The current situation is we have a few #1, a few #2, and nobody else.
I'd like to build up the #3 and #4 groups.