gEDA-user: Hierarchy expansion

Folks,

There has been some discussion here of hierarchy expansion. Recently, one of our customers requested "flat" schematics for documentation. Matt Wampler-Doty had been working on parsing gEDA designs with an eye to allowing a processing "back end" total access to the entire design. The result is a bit like gnetlist, but capable a wider range of processing, including schematic-to-schematic transformations. The hierarchy expansion became the first application.

Matt has published the code at https://github.com/xcthulhu/lambda-geda.git. We consider it alphaware at the moment, but we have been using it for a couple of days. At the moment it's only good for documentation because it doesn't understand how to flatten the netlist, but that will come along as time allows.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx