Re: gEDA-user: Toporouter crashing in GIT head on seemingly simple circuits

On 23/12/10 11:25, Peter Clifton wrote:
On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 11:07 +0000, Chris Malton wrote:

I'd love to actually help fix this bug, and/or figure out what I'm doing
wrong, but I can't make head or tail of where I should be investigating.

I'd like to point out that the normal autorouter can complete routing
the circuit, and so can I by hand.  The normal autorouter uses the
outline layer (which is not a good idea as the company I use for making
PCBs uses that for cuts!)
Switch off any layers you don't want the autorouter(s) to use. If you
need to constrain routing to with an outline, make a copy of the outline
edge on the copper layers being routed.

Thanks Peter - that makes perfect sense now that you say it. All these "features", seemingly without documentation.......

Chris