Re: gEDA-user: European symbols?

Den 2010-12-31 01:06:11 skrev kai-martin knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

I looked at the gEDA symbols site, but it was very hard to find
anything useful in this matter, since there was no âpreviewâ thing
involved as far as I can see.

You may point your browser to
	http://gedasymbols.org

Yes, that's what I meant by âthe gEDA symbols siteâ.
On that page you can read âyou could browse the official libraries listed belowâ. However, I can't see any âofficial librariesâ below. The only thing that relates to symbols are the names to the right, and when clicking one of them I need to click each symbol to preview it, they are not all just there. It would be nice if the symbols were sorted by type or something, rather than by names of the people who made them.

Anyway, I clicked a few of the contributors but I guess I will need to click them all, since what I'm looking for always appears at the very last instance, no matter what I doâ Maybe Murphy is involved somehow with his laws and stuff.

This is a website dedicated to symbols, footprints and other geda
related stuff contributed by users. It presents previews of symbols and
footprints on mouse click.

It's great that people contribute like this, it really is. I just wish there was an easier way to find a specific symbol. Right now it feels more like it's easier to make new symbols instead of finding them.

Is there a complete set of symbols like the default one, but with IEC
symbols instead or do I need to make them all by myself?

I tend to draw my symbols the way they were taught in German university
courses. So they are likely IEC compliant, but no guarantee.

I can't be the only European user of this program, can Iâ?

Surely, you are not! :-)

---<)kaimartin(>---

--
Kind regards