RE: gEDA-user: gschem -> postscript via scheme?

> Is there a way to print to a postscript file from a scheme script?  I'm
> looking for a way to generate postscript from the command line.

Synopsys has a interesting user interface that handles problems like this
fairly well. All synopsys tools are command line controlled with an optional
GUI as the front end. The GUI creates the command line command and feeds the
tool and then returns the response . It also saves all the commands in a
command log file.

This means you can use the gui to get things done or you can simply bring up
a command window and directly enter the command yourself. You can also tell
it to execute commands from a script. You can bypass the gui and just bring
up a command line version of the tools that accepts commands from the
keyboard
or a script.

So I can use a gui to open a file and print it. Later I can do the same
thing
from the command line:

  dc_shell -f command.log

This is a really great feature. You can use synopsys to read in a design and
then compile it into gates and save it. Later if you realize that you
compiled
it for 50 Mhz when it should have been 100 you can edit the command log
file,
replace 50 mhz with 100 and run the result through the command line shell.
It does all the grunt work for you.

John Eaton