Re: gEDA-user: Re: gEDA: A new free JTAG software

Hi,

Thank you for having interest in this JTAG software.

> Is it possible to use these tools to program XILINX etc.?

Yes. This tool is based on NAXJP.
I wanted to remodel NAXJP to the thing refined more, and made this.
http://www.nahitech.com/nahitafu/naxjp/naxjp-e.html

Therefore, programming of XILINX has been taken into consideration
 from the beginning of project.

> I am very new to this topic and have heard something about
> JTAG and that XILINX is difficult toprogram using free sof
> tware tools - how is it about this matter really?

But now, only XC95 CPLD and XC18V configure ROM are able to be programed.
Direct write to FPGA will be realized until the end of this month.

--
Nahitafu