gEDA-user: GND=VSS

Hello

I want VSS be the same as GND. I made a piece of net in gschem, connected
it to the ground, named VSS and nothing happened. Then I removed this and
renamed some other existing net that connected some capacitor to GND with
name VSS and it works however:
1) why it works for one piece of net and not another?
2) I get this warning message from gsch2pcb:
Found duplicate net name, renaming [GND] to [VSS]
WARNING: Trying to rename something twice:
        GND and GND
are both a src and dest name
This warning is okay if you have multiple levels of hierarchy!
3) The resulting net in the *.net file is called VSS and I like GND more.
Can I change this somehow how it will be called (not using sed, please)?

Cl<