gEDA-user: Autorouter status, etc

Hello gEDA-dev

-=Intro=-
I am trying to use the gEDA and friends for my schematic/pcb
development. I am quite happy with it, but I find autorouter results
pretty hard to accept.

-=Proof=-
I attach two gif files showing autorouter effect on a simple board.
The algorithm sometimes seems to go anywhere but the right place :).
I am using newest 2005.01.27 PCB and gschem for schematic capture.

(I hope I can post an attachment to the list, if not please at least tell me how to do so...)

-=Another question=-
How do I specify which routing-style should be used for specific nets?
Could it be done in gschem or shall I hack .net files?

-=General bla bla bla=-
Once on the Internet I saw a demo of graph-optimization based on
boxes-springs theory. I think it could be a base for a very good auto
placer. When it comes to auto routing I have no idea but a high
complexity search algorithm trying many-many scenarios and choosing
'best' of them.

--
Peter <piotr-re@xxxxx>