Re: Calling all beta testers! Re: gEDA-user: Check for same refdes

Hi Patrick,

[snip]
>I think it would be even better if we can get ride of the s_scratch_*
>stuff (from libgeda). There is no real value added by these functions
>that build an array of strings unique or not. It is also memory hungry
>and last but not least it is based on a nasty hack.

	Agreed.  Getting rid of s_scratch_* is a very good idea.
I have looked over your patch and it superficially looks fine.  Please
feel free to check it in.  I will test gnetlist and make sure it works
after the checkin (you can also run the gnetlist regression tests in
gnetlist/tests by running: make tests)

>BTW, get_selected_component_attributes() and get_selected_filename()
>have very complicated prototypes: second and third arguments are never
>used and first may already be of type TOPLEVEL*. Any particular reason
>for that (except dependency on now dead code)?

	Probably based on legacy code.  If these functions can be
simplified, without breaking things, I'm all for it.
get-selected-component-attributes seems to be used in
gschem/scheme/generate_netlist.scm which was some work done for
gnetlist/examples/vams/*

								-Ales