Re: gEDA-user: non-round PCB pins

Sorry for such a dumb question, but I didnt undertood you guys are trying to
do (my english is really a piece of crap).
As far as I undertood, what you need is to make oblogue drills? To do it, I
use a command called G85 on the drill file. This is a excellon command to
make oblongue drills (also called slot).
The sintax is very simple, is XYG85XY where the first XY are the X and Y
coordinates of the origin and the last the destination. It is very important
to use one drill measure to make drill for vias and pins and another to make
slots, even if they use the same size. Like, if you have pins with 28 mils of
size and use like T01C0.028, and you want to make a slot with 28 mils too,
you need to specifie another bit (like T02C0.028) only for the slots. Thats
because the bit used to drill is different from the bit used to mill.
Of course, the drill machine must understand the G85 command. My fab uses a 25
years old drill machine and it undertands well.
I do it mannually in the plated-drill.cnc file. There would be nice to have a
function to design slots using a line with the size of the line equals to the
drill size of the slot, I think is not too difficult to implement it.
Here are a reference to the excellon file format:
http://www.excellon.com/applicationengineering/manuals/program.htm

But, what you guys are talking about have nothing to do with what I wroted
here, please forget all, sorry about that :D