Re: gEDA-user: ngspice problems

Hi Steven,

[snip]

> If I use hspice (on the university solaris boxen), I get *.tr* for my
> transient plots, which I can scp to my home box and view with gwave.
> ngspice does not produce these files. How do I ask it for them?

that's a common problem when users change from hspice to ngspice. May be I am
going to write a  FAQ and put it on my web page.

There are two possibilities when you use ngspice in batch mode:

1) Use on the command line:

ngspice -b <input-file.cir> -r <output-file.raw>

2) Use the write command together with the .control and .endc statement

More information can be found in the first lines of the  paragrph 5
“Interpreter” in the Spice 3F5 Users Manual:

http://newton.ex.ac.uk/teaching/CDHW/Electronics2/userguide/

Please let me know, what your final solution will be.

Peter