Re: gEDA-user: Can't truncate plane layers on backside?!?!?

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 07:29:26AM -0500, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Harry --
>
> Thank you for your quick and accurate reply.  Indeed, my problem was
> that I had only the GND polygon on the back, and PCB was rendering it
> as a negative plane.  The board house wants positive planes on all
> external layers.  Is that non-spec?
>
> Questions:
>
> 1.  Is there some way we can force positive or negative rendering?
> Perhaps a pop-up "layers" menu with check boxes for pos/neg?  Oh oh,
> here goes the whole PCB layers debate again. . . .    :-)
>
> Maybe I'll create such a pop-up when the GTK port appears.
>
> 2.  A totally different question:  In the fab drawing, my name and the
> board title are displayed.  Where did it get my name?  I didn't enter
> any info for that to happen.  Also, the title is "unknown".  How do I
> enter that info?

Edit -> Edit Layout Name  sets the board name.  Your name came from

    /* ID the user. */
    pwentry = getpwuid (getuid ());

in print.c.  We should probably make that editable from within PCB
because I may not want my home name/number on a work related layout.

-Dan