Re: gEDA-user: Step-by-step: PCB under Windows

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 10:14:04AM +0100, =?iso-8859-2?Q?Piotr_R. ?= wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had no experience with cygwin, so your tutorial is right for me.
> There are two things I'd like to point:
>
> 1. your first freenshot encourages to install gcc source. is it needed?

I don't know. I didn't try it without source.
It isn't clear to me if "installing Y in source" means that
1) Y binary and Y source is installed
2) Y source is downloaded, compiled and installed
3) Applications needing Y can be compiled from source after Y installation

If you are sure gcc source is not needed, please make another screenshot
and upload it instead of this one.

> 2. X11 would not install by default. and conigure fails saying Xaw
> is not available. you could add some info what to install from x11 set.

To determine this you probably must have determined what has to be checked
to have X and what to have Xaw. Please add it to the wiki.

Cl<