Re: gEDA-user: PCB Gtk port

> The key mappings are currently hardwired and I'm not sure if we can
> have user customizable key translations like Xt.  But it's something
> to look at and in the meantime I was just trying to get things right to
match
> the documentation or the default Pcb.ad.  I was expecting to not get
> it all right and will change the "v" key.  And in the short term I'll just
fix
> any key mappings you find that I got wrong and look at user customizations
> later.  But if the documentation refers to a particular binding, maybe
> having it hardwired so is the right thing to do?

I don't think anything should be hard wired. We should work hard to have
customizeable key bindings. There must be a way to do this and we will
find it! For one reason, there are users out there that have their own
favorite key bindings which are different from the standard and it would
be a large burden for someone to learn to use new (standard) bindings.

> I think the 'a' works to adjust the line/via size.  When it adjust a value
such
> that the style in use doesn't match an existing route style, the route
style
> buttons all go off and the status line changes.  But should it instead be
an
> effective edit of the currently selected route style or is it just a
temporary
> change to the sizes in use as I'm currently treating it?

Your implementation is correct. I was mentioning it not because there was
a problem with your code but because it is a handy way to get special
"styles", just make one trace that way and copy it's properties and you
seemed to be focusing on using styles for that purpose. Cloning is another
technique worth mentioning for those that aren't familiar with it.

Regards,
harry