Re: gEDA-user: is single layer with PCB possable?

> Em Qui 02 Fev 2006 11:14, Damir Hakimov escreveu:
> > Hello All!
> > is single layer with PCB possable?
> > I want to make a single-layer pcb  with jumpers on component side.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Of course it is. I draw a lot of single-sided boards here. I use vias to
> draw jumper pins, and use the component layer to draw the jumpers.
> If you gonna fab the board with soldermask, do not forget to open the vias,
> because by default the vias have the soldermask closed.

Usually it is good to make larger pads, if possible 3 times bigger than the
drill size. If the pad is too small than it will be easy to peel it off while
(or after soldering).
This is also needed for vias, you have to solder piece of real wire here.

Wojciech Kazubski