Re: gEDA-user: OT BitScope?

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Saturday 04 February 2006 22:52, Bert Douglas wrote:
I have a digiview. It works well. Amazingly small. The whole logic
analyzer fits in the "pod".
http://www.tech-tools.com/dv_main.htm

Neat. Too bad it only runs on winderz. I could get interested if it would run on linux. OTOH, I suspect it wouldn't be that hard to write a linux capture driver for it either if one were already an expert usb driver writer.

When I see products like this I do not understand the mindset of the manufacturer.
As Gene pointed out - There are no Linux drivers. Why...?... Anyone who actually
knows how to get real milage out of the device very likely uses Linux or BSD
everyday (Out of choice).

After all, the device (And others like it) is for hacking....

Best

Marvin