gEDA-user: Single layer PCB

Hello,
I am trying to make a single layer PCB where I put extra jumpers (I create resistors in gschem) on the component side when I need crossings.

I would like to enable tracks only to exist on the bottom side of the board, but I always get errors when I go settings->Edit layer groupings. For example, pcb returns" solder- and compnent-side must not be the only layers in the group"
How should I group (or unselect items) for the groups? This is the way I am currently set for 2 layer and I would like to know how to modify this.
Solder : 1
GND-sldr:1
Vcc-sldr:1
compnent:1