Re: gEDA-user: Capacitors

Hal2000 wrote:

anyone ever build an oscillator using CMOS inverter (2 in series) and running them in linear region?

a single CMOS inverter with a cap to ground on input and output and a crystal between input and output and a large resistor between input and output is a very common oscillator in microcontrollers.

I've used ECL buffers as the gain element in oscillators before, but most that I've done were with individual transistors with the exception of a low distortion audio oscillator which used an op-amp for the gain element.

-Dan