Re: gEDA-user: Starting with geda - component footprints.

> I don't use m4 foot libraries.  You might try drawing this part up
> yourself in a 'file' type of footprint.  I usually do this for
> connectors.

I've been doing this myself.  The neat part about the "newlib" format
is you can use your favorite language (instead of just m4) to make
footprints.  So, I have a "make-tb35" perl script that makes a whole
range of 3.5mm terminal blocks, for example.

You can also copy footprints from other places, validate them, and
rename them according to the specific components they're for,
especially if you had to tweak them.  Symlinks help, too.

Yeah, we really should write a footprint editing mode for pcb.