gEDA-user: My first symbol...

Hi all,

today I  am got serious with geda. My first project is a PID regulated
peltier cooler. The output stage is going to be the power amp L165 which
can drive up to 3A. The package of this component is of course non
standard (pentawatt) with non standard pin numbers. So I decided to to
define my first geda symbol by deriving it from single opamp symbol.

The single opamp symbols that came with the Debian package didn't meet
the standard of the geda docs. I got lots of errors and warnings with
gsymcheck, because they contain virtually no attribute. So I examined
the docs a bit closer and came up with the attached symbol. Can you
check whether I made mistakes or deviated from the geda standard?

There are two attributes, that I did not quite understand:
What is the purpose of "device" and "devicename"? I guess, one of them
should reflect the actual model that is supposed to enter the BOM. What
about the other?

Thanks,
       ---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://lilalaser.dyndns.org/blog
v 20050820 1
T 600 1500 5 10 0 1 0 1 1
device=L165
T 600 175 5 10 1 1 0 1 1
devicename=L165V
T 600 1300 5 10 0 1 0 1 1
description=Power operational amplifier L165 by ST
T 600 1100 5 10 0 0 0 1 1
footprint=pentawatt
T 600 900 5 10 0 1 0 1 1
documentation=http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/ds/1317.pdf