gEDA-user: Suggestion to PCB website

Hello

I suggest the link "harry eaton's PCB Homepage" to be removed because it
contains obsolete code and just confuses the users.

If you want to retain it I would put it at the end of the page and not
the beginning. Usually webpage content is sorted according to increasing
obsolescence and not decreasing.

Then I would put links to PCB packages for NetBSD into Download section.
There's no reason why it should be on a prominent place on the webpage.

I would then put "Some quick notes about surface mount pad
specifications." into the official PCB manual. Can you tell me a reason
why PCB manual should be fragmented into "The PCB-20050127 manual:" and
"Some quick notes about surface mount pad specifications.", while one
of them being in multiple format and the other only in online HTML? This
just adds confusion. If confusion is your goal, then I suggest to take
more random sub-sub-chapters from the manual, separate and publish them
on (best different) websites under different formats (OpenOffice, TeX,
as JPEG image, in plain ASCII).

Then I suggest to put Links below Manual and Home at the top
because the reference manual is more important to users than links. You
can use a EDA system that has manual and doesn't have links, but you
cannot use a system which has only links and has no manual. I would also
put Home at the top of the left box.

I also suggest to remove the eye-punching vertical discontinuities in
the marble background of the "PCB: Printed Circuit Board Editor". They
are stronger than the text itself and make it hard to read.

Or I would remove the supposedly-to-be-marble thing anyway. It just
breaks the visual appearance of the website horribly. The feeling I have
from it is 3-year-old exploring the functions in GIMP, sorry.

I also suggest the left PCB logo to be rendered again and this time
correctly cropped, not cutting the lower part (the reflection) away.  It
always makes a disturbing feeling. The reflection is on top of that done
incorrectly - I can't imagine a phsyical situation that would be
equivalent to the picture.

CL<