Re: gEDA-user: iverilog & PALs?

On Feb 21, 2006, at 9:40 PM, Stephen Williams wrote:
Hi folks. Can anyone tell me if I can use Icarus Verilog to generate
the files required to program PAL/GAL chips like the 16V8 and 22V10?

There is the ipal project intended to do exactly that, right down to JEDEC files. It suffers from considerable bit rot, though.

<http://www.icarus.com/eda/ipal/index.html>

Yes I ran across that, and my eyes lit up until I saw the last dev snapshot was made five and a half years ago. :-/

Well I certainly won't complain too much...I know you've been spending a lot of time on iverilog itself, with which I find myself spending more and more time. =)

So I assume my only option at this point is a DOS emulator and the old PALASM distribution that's been floating around? (I'd much rather use Verilog, but I'll take what I can get, as my alternative is to use an XC9536 where a GAL16V8 will do)

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL