Re: gEDA-user: PCB & Gschem

> gEDA developers value usability low and freedom high.

I think you're wrong here.  I think the core problem is that there are
very few gEDA developers, and we have a lot to do.  For example, there
are exactly THREE pcb developers, and last I heard, Harry was spending
all his time with a new baby.

And with very few exceptions (to whom we are grateful), we don't get
paid to do this.  I would love to work on gEDA/PCB for a living, but
the money just isn't there.

As for me, I've spent the last few MONTHS working on the hid project,
which is specifically designed to let us support multiple GUIs so that
more people can have a GUI they like.  I don't see how you can know
that, and still say I value freedom over usability.

The HID project will also let us respond faster in the future to
usability problems, but you don't seem to want us to put in the
investment up front to do the work.