gEDA-user: PCB move selected objects to a layer

I suggest apart from move selected objects to other side to make also
move selected objects to a layer. The user would select a layer in the
pulldown menu and it would move the selected objects there (only those
that can be moved to that layer, so not pads and pins).

I have a groundplane on GND-sldr, a soldering rim on solder side and a
small rectangle on solder layer that connects these two. I am unable to
move the small rectangle to GND-sldr because GND-sldr is active and when
I press 'm' key, it preferences the big rectangle that is already on
GND-sldr (because the active layer is being preferences) and never moves
the small rectangle.

CL<