Re: gEDA-user: gschem scale

Ok, John pointed out something that made me measure my symbols.  My
"official" cs8900a symbol turned out to be 23" tall by 11" wide, if
you trust that the units are mils.  I understand why he prefers a more
compact format now.

Since there are no coordinates displayed on the window, nor a "100%
scale" option when printing, why bother calling them mils at all?  Is
there anything that cares that a unit happens to be a mil, or does
everything autoscale?

It makes me wonder just how big all my old schematics really are.

I often times end up drawing schematics on C size paper (22 x 17). So just a little shrink will get you into that. I find that C shrunk to an A (11 x 8.5) is still fairly easy to read.

-Dan