gEDA-user: PCB silk label moving problem

Hi all,
Probably, the subject line of this post is making you go "wtf?".  I'm having
an issue with PCB (which just started, and to the best of my knowledge I
haven't updated it in a couple weeks).  You know the component reference
designators that are part of every component?  I can't move them around
anymore!  I have no idea why... they refuse to drag when I use the mouse.
Every once in a while, if I get really lucky, right after I start PCB I'll be
able to move 1 or 2 of them before it stops, but that's rare.  And I'm
reasonablely sure it's not a time-based thing.  So, I've tried clicking to
select, then dragging (both with left button), dragging with middle button,
and selecting with left button and dragging with middle... no dice (most or
all of those methods used to work).  Please help!

Thanks,
Ryan