Re: gEDA-user: VMPlayer Image

I agree also, I run it on Fedora 5 on VMWare. Runs smooth on decent hardware. You can always back things up simply by copying a file. If an upgrade goes awry you just copy over the old file.

I advocated awhile back making a VMWare image available to make gEDA more accessable. Probably the thing that's holding this up is who wants to host a 500MB+ download?

From: "Craig Niederberger" <craignied@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: VMPlayer Image
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:14:04 -0600

*Yes*.  My EECS students prefer to run linux inside vmware, as they
typically have laptops with single drives.
Thanks,
Craig

On 2/16/07, Jeff VR <jffvnrkl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there any interest out there in a VMPlayer Image? I created as well as use one based off of Fedora Core 5. I made it available at the local IEEE meeting last night and 10 copies made there way out the door.

Jeff VR