gEDA-user: Re: VMPlayer Image

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:57:36 -0600, Jeff VR wrote:

> Is there any interest out there in a VMPlayer Image?  I created as well as
> use one based off of Fedora Core 5.

There sure is!
Since the beginning of February I started a position as electronics guy in
a laser physics department of the local university. Right now, they do low
level analog electronics with eagle (e.g. six opamps on 100x160mm, thru hole
style, single layer). They are not quite satisfied with eagle, so there
might be a chance to convert for new projects to geda.
However, it must be possible to run the application on a Windows box. Dual
boot won't do in such an environment. A vmware solution might be all that is
needed to swing the opinion :-)

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak