gEDA-user: Why use gEDA?

Hi everybody,

I'm working with a friend in a some basic examples (mostly simulation)
for gEDA show in a university (CUN[1]), this institution began to
migrate to Sofware Libre and in the process some teachers not has
convinced to use gEDA in the process of formation of your students,
some of they say "use gEDA is back years in the simulation software",
and we don't share this opinion.

And i do a question, is gEDA an proper software to use during the
formation academical  process? I think yes that, this can be used for
that.

What do you think about?

Thanks for the time.

[1] www.cun.edu.co