Re: gEDA-user: In pcb, can I select and change batches of lines, vias, and pads?

Thank you John!
This will allow me to clean up some sloppy line, pin, via, and drill hole sizing. My circuit board design was fine for kitchen sink etching, but now I want it to be fabricated. I am glad I do not have to measure each pin and drill hole to get them even.

David

John Griessen wrote:
David Froseth wrote:

In the pcb program, is there a way to select a batch of lines and then choose to make them .020 in width all at the same time?

Yes. Select by area the lines and any other objects. Use the : key to get a action command line. paste in the commmand

ChangeSize(SelectedLines, 20, mil)

Is there also a way of selecting a batch of pads or vias and and change them all to the same size, all in one step?

ChangeDrillSize(SelectedVias, 35, mil)

ChangeSize (SelectedVias, 55, mil)

Pads I'm not sure of... element pads come from lines, but to edit that way means they are converted to primitive objects first and then would need conversion back to footprint elements.

John Griessen