Re: gEDA-user: Design with a 144 pin QFP

Simon,

Get your confidence up 144 pin qfp is very standard.

Layers.

Maybe 3 for power and ground (Vcci, Vccio and ground)

3 for signals Top, bottom and one in the middle.

Even if you need analog then you can either add a few more layers or
carefully manage the layers that you have.

i.e if the analog section is kept distinctly seperate from the digital
then you can resuse the power and signal planes.

Just like you other boards plan your layout ahead of time.

Steve Meier