gEDA-user: PCB: sudden segfault problems

Hi all,

I'm using gschem + PCB (version 20070208) for a project with some 150
components on a 100x160 mm single-sided circuit board. There are several
polygons, a few (locked) mounting holes, and a fair number of
user-defined footprints.

Up until today, PCB was rock solid, but out of the blue, it has
developed a very frustrating tendency to suddenly drop dead with a
segfault. This only happens when the view is scrolled while copying
traces, drawing a polygon and perhaps one or two other operations.

The command line just says "segmentation fault", nothing else. There are
no warning signs either -- one moment I'm working, the next I'm staring
at my desktop.

Could there be something nasty in the pcb circuit file causing this?

I'd be grateful for any help to solve this problem -- it's very
uncomfortable working with the feeling that PCB might quit at any time.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Richard Rasker