Re: gEDA-user: gschem new component problems

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 07:41 -0500, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> [snip]
> >There is "Edit->Update Component" (shortcut "ep"), however I'm not sure
> >if this works with non-embedded symbols. Its main use is to update an
> >embedded symbol to match a newer version on disk.
>
> 	It does work on non-embedded and embedded symbols.   It was
> designed from to work on both.	If it doesn't work in v1.4.0 on
> non-embedded symbols, that's a bug.

I just checked, and indeed... it works fine for both.

One point to note though.. a Page -> Revert DOES NOT work unless you've
previously opened the component chooser, and hit refresh. (Invalidating
the symbol cache).

As recently fixed (prior to 1.4.0), the Edit->Update Component
invalidates the symbol cache before it performs the update.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,