Re: gEDA-user: attribute promotion query

[snip]
> > For investigation purposes I instantiate a 7400-1.sym on my gschem page.
> > I have (attribute-promotion "enabled") in my gafrc file, and I don't
> > have promote-invisible enabled. (Incidentally, the manual says to use
> > gschemrc to set these - is this wrong or can it be either?)
>
> Either I guess. gafrc means it happens for any tool which loads a
> component via libgeda. In practise, this means gschem at present.

and gnetlist.  If you have a mismatch between what is configured for
the attribute promotion for gschem vs gnetlist, you will get some
rather incorrect netlists.

[snip]
> The user guide is lying I think. The code has no such special case.

The device= attribute is being promoted via the always-promote-attributes
rc keyword.  If somebody wants to help out updating the out of date
documentation (which is in the wiki so it is easy for users to contribute)
it would be greatly appreciated.

-Ales