Re: gEDA-user: Remove refdes number on copy

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 18:20 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:49:37 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > Yes, this is exactly the sort of thing hooks should be good for (and in
> > this case, it will work, since we just edit the attribute, not delete
> > any of the objects being copied).
> >
> > See attached.
>
> Hmm. This doesn't seem to work for me. I checked, that the hook gets
> loaded by introducing deliberate syntax errors. Since I have the light
> background instruction at the end of my gschemrc I can tell from a black
> schematic if an error happened. The hook seems to be read without warning
> or error, but the refdes number does not switch to "?".
>
> Do I need a bleeding edge version of gschem for this to work?

I'm not sure, please post the error messages from the log window or
console.

I only tested it on 1.4.0, which I strongly recommend to anyone using
older versions, especially anyone pre 1.2.0.

Symptoms of it working.. when using "ec", the copied items have their
refdes stripped of any numeric suffix. If a "?" remains at the end of
the refdes, it is left, otherwise one is added.

What version of gschem do you have?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,