Re: gEDA-user: multi-page hierarchy

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 18:00 -0500, gene wrote:
> Ales Hvezda wrote:
> >> Can gschem do a hierarchy where the top-level symbol points to a
> >> multi-page schematic?
> >
> > Yes.  Just attach the source= attribute multiple times with different
> > values.
> >
> great!  Can the schematic be setup in multiple directories?  That is, a
> top level symbol points to a schematic sheet, or sheets, that lie in
> another directory?

Should be fine, so long as your( source-library "...") and
(component-library "...") declarations list the appropriate paths in
your gafrc.

When opening schematics, libgeda changes directory, so "should" as far
as I remember load any gafrc in the sub-dirs too, as and when the
schematics are processed.

Others might be able to give you a better answer on this, but the best
advice I have is "try it", see if it works as expected.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,