Re: gEDA-user: creating symbol for 36-pin centronics

On Feb 16, 2008 2:35 AM, Paul Csanyi <csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/2/15, Paul Csanyi <csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > 2008/2/15, Paul Csanyi <csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > >  I only don't know which pin is GND and which pin is Vcc?
> >
> > Which pin is power GND and power Vcc?
>
> I made the 36-pin-centronics symbol, you can see here:
> http://csanyi-pal.info/apache2-default/letoltes/gEDA_schematics/36-pin-centronics.sch
>
> or here:
> http://www.mediamax.com/paul_csanyi/Hosted/gschem_schems/36-pin-centronics.sch
>
> What do you think? Is it good?

It seems very BIG. I make my symbols smaller and would make the pin spacing
two grid points rather than four.

I would probably move all of the GNDs (including chasis) to the left
side. I would also place the
V+5 and V0 above the GNDs. I would probably keep all the control and
status pins together
on the right. I also leave a empty grid point between pin groups.

More important is how does the symbol look when it is wired into your schematic?
Is it easy to follow the connections and understand the signal flow?
Try placing the
symbol and see how it looks.

Placing all of the power and grounds on one side, creating a group for
the control and
status pins, and a group for the data pins has worked for me.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org