Re: gEDA-user: gschem usage: rotate symbol, leave text alone

Hi,
you can try attribute autoplacement. Look for "Autoplace
component/net/buses text attributes hook." in system-gschemrc.

Attached is a PS, showing 4 groups of components.

Each group has two columns, the left one is the component placed with
the default gschem configuration. The right one is with attribute
autoplacement on.

Notice how the algorithm moves the refdes in the op-amp so it doesn't
intefere with pins.

This feature can be used when rotating, or mirroring a component as
well.

Regards,

Carlos