Re: gEDA-user: autogenerate documentation to track project progress

> I want to know whether it is possible to autogenerate a
> report/"factory manual" from my gEDA schematics and pcbs based on :
> - the size of the board
> - the BOM
> - possible commented bugs or todos on the schematics
> - schematic/pcb layout pictures
> - ...

[... snip ...]

I presume you are talking about autogeneration of a fab drawing and
fab notes?   PCB does produce a drill drawing as a Gerber layer.  In
the past, I've embedded the drawing into a larger template (in Visio)
and then drawn the stack-up and other info using Visio to create a fab
drawing with fab notes on it.  This is an entirely manual process, and
is outside if gEDA/gaf's capabilities.

Hmmmm....  The idea of autocreated fab notes/drawing is a good one.  I
could envision doing this using Latex/metafont driven from an external
script.  Or maybe via a Makefile?  Or doxygen?  The script would read
in some type of template holding boilerplate fab notes, insert a .eps
version of the drill file, and then output a .ps or .pdf fab drawing.

This will make a nice GSoC project.  Do you know any students looking
for a summer project?

Stuart